Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Aritaum Sugarball Cushion Color

Shivers by SG Lewis ft JP Cooper (Live at Abbey Road)
3ce new multi-pots spurred my interest to try out some multipurpose Korean makeup. Sure 3ce makeup overall aesthetics are really pretty but, they're also pretty expensive and judging by the reviews of those who purchased them (and or other 3ce products) - I sensed the sweet n' sour vibes that though they liked it - I'm not sure the expectations matched the price. Thus, I sought to find a cheaper alternative before I made any blush commitments my purse would regret. 

... Aritaum Sugarball Cushion Color blushes had good feedback (here's more) so, I decided to be daring and once again try out a "coral, orange, peachy" shade although I have been burnt by a Korean coral before. 

Note: I have not had these long but, I have worn them enough to get a general gist of how they perform.  


Packaging
The packaging is both cute and practical. These blushes kinda feel like the Swiss army knife of the blush world as they literally have everything! They close securely, have a mirror, a plastic protective shield to prevent the blush from dust, dirt and fingernail scrapes, and came with their own cushion puffs. I think the design is awesome and I like how the packaging reflects the blush colour inside. 
yes I did have a scrape with Juicy Peach - I forgot to put the plastic protector back - whoops
The blush consistency is a light, creamy matte which gives a slight sheen to the skin. There's a really light sweet scent which is virtually unnoticeable unless you're applying to either your lips or you're actively trying to smell it. Given the consistency of the product, I find that it attracts dust easily so, make sure to always use a clean non-dusty brush/finger and or cosmetic puff - because once dust has entered its hard to wipe and swipe it out of the creamy contents. 

Colour
No.2. Pink So Much 
A very pigmented pinkish red. A little goes a really long way. I was expecting this to be rather mild in pigmentation but, it's not. Also, I was expecting it to be redder but, on my lips, it's pretty pink. On the cheeks, Pink So Much gives a nice healthy flush. This blush will work with most skin tones and if you have darker and deeper skin than mine - you'll pull this shade off easily and could get away with a heavier dose. 
Pink So Much 
Foundation used =  Iman Cream to Powder Foundation in Earth 2
No.4 Juicy Peach
A bright coral peach. On my dark skin, it comes across very white-based and less vibrant than how it would look on lighter skin tones (I've used my palm to show the difference in the hand swatches) I've noticed that Korean products often if they're peachy in tone have a white base which works for those for pale skin tones but, usually not mine. Nevertheless, juicy peach can work and does gives a delicate orange flush with subtle definition. Just remember to blend it out properly because at first, the white base is obvious. I've noticed that the more I apply on my cheeks the more "orange" it looks but, it will come across less "natural" and quite bright in its appearance. I wouldn't recommend this for dark skin unless you're comfortable with wearing blushes with white undertones ...  If you're lighter than me though this could work though and if you consider yourself pale/fair this will be a pretty coral for you. 
Juicy Peach
On the Lips
I was kinda disappointed with how both colours looked on the lips. I would've like Pink So Much to look more red and Juicy Peach to not be so pasty (I rename thee Dusty Peach from now on) but, thankfully the formula is really nice on the lips. It applies creamy and then dries down to a soft comfy matte that's not drying to the lips though, it does cling to dry patches. 

Application
Although, they come with a cosmetic puff (not pictured) I prefer using a fluffy brush to apply and blend the colour out. I have used my fingers to dab the blush on but I wouldn't recommend doing so as my fingers can get stained (by pink so much) and its messy to use on top of foundation etc. I've also tried using a sponge (beauty blender) dupe and I really liked that effect along with a soft delicate use of the puff. Remember to be gentle, blend and you'll be fine. 

Wear Time
I'd say averages around 4-5 hrs maybe more depending on the base and how much you apply. I only use a smidge since Dusty Peach is dusty and Pink So Much will make me look like I'm suffering from a serious injury if I apply too much. 


What's the verdict?
I like the concept. I think they're really well made and if there were any other shades which looked suitable for dark skin I would consider trying them. Yet, there isn't and so I won't. Out of the two, I prefer Pink So Much although I have been using both every now and then for a quick flush. Overall, I'm still not deterred to try out Korean cosmetic shades or try 3ce multi-pots especially since they've reduced in price y'all! (£14.73) and I've seen swatches on dark skin - Bubbles & CupcakesMiss Darcei. Meh, we'll see.

Other reviews to watch - Edward Avila, Tina Yong, I look like this, Cyn Ramyun etc. you know how to find the good stuff. Evidently.

I purchased these blushes from RoseRoseShop and cost around £3.87 each (not including shipping) - my order arrived in good time, with a nice set of samples. I would/will purchase from them again. 

Do you like the idea of multi-tasking products?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar