Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Scar-y Challenge

I am far from alone in the quest for flawless skin. Not asking for the sky, but just do not wish to have blacken and/or raised marks all over my body, especially on the legs.

Only regret it now that I am more grown up, that I didn't listen to my mum when young, and always scratch at the mosquito bites.

So I am on the lookout for ways to lighten those marks, and for a particular stubborn raised scar, I really want to flatten it out.

Hope came along when I saw the advertisement for this new cream called Hiruscar. It claims to be able to heal keloids!

Hiruscar - what the box looks like.

Ingredients list, from Switzerland.

Pretty new Science in this cream.

Remember old formulas like Mopiko? They don't include recently discovered miracle chemicals, like Niacinamide, a currently very famous and vouched-effective whitening agent present in Olay White Radiance Intensive Serum, and L-arginine, which has made its way from skincare into beverage Naughty G.

Mode of Application

I just LOVE how clear this is. Can't stand those creams that don't give much indications.

So as you can see, it's good for depressed AND raised scars of all origins, including pimples. Surprisingly good for stretched marks too. This brand absolutely sounds more reliable than Palmer's Cocoa Butter For Stretch Marks. Plus, it's half the price of Palmer's!

And the part on keloid is tempting right? I think a lot of people will have at least one keloid in their lifetime. Cos we were all young before. I remember I had this friend with a rather obvious one below the collar bone... And the impression is deep enough to last me till now.

I also like how this cream doesn't promise miracles, as it says only for scars that are less than 2 years old. I have a lot of scars that go way beyond the 2 years. Nevertheless, I am still going to use this and give it a shot.

History and elaboration of this cream.

I appreciate that Hiruscar bothers to explain how their key ingredients work. Something which I am always glad to see on skincare products.

The tube itself.

Very modern and eye-pleasing design. LOL. Can't help comparing it with Mopiko.

PS: If you do buy this cream, please keep the box so as to store it in your bag. Remember? It's 4 times a day. Means it would be good to at morning and afternoon tea breaks, besides the early morning and before sleep applications. You don't want to see it crushed up like Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Creams. haha.

The gel.

The gel is extremely fluid and spreadable. A green bean size goes a long, long way. Unlike Vitamin E oil, which is ultra viscous.

Not to mention, I am quite addicted to the somewhat fragrant smell. hahaha. Really, it doesn't smells one bit like a cream.


I am 75% skeptical of this product though, because I am biased against skincare with claims to be clinically proven and dermatologically tested. This cream doesn't comes cheap.

Looking forward to the day when I can post the review for this cream, that it works! All the best to me.
******
There I went, down to get it, and now I am posing a challenge to myself to be discipline enough to apply it 4 times a day, and see if it really does works.

Warning: Not too pleasant pictures of my scars and stretch marks ahead.
(Think I am quite thick-skinned to post this. But I really wish to show you the before and after, and hopefully chart the healing process that Hiruskin promises. Of course will report if there really is no result after 1- 3 months as well. Then people don't have to waste their money on this.)

No worries, can stop reading here. Nothing else after the images.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Here are the challenges for me:

Raised, blackened beyond hope, and repeatedly bleeding scar, a result of itchy hands from a mosquito bite.

Keloid. Result of a fall.

Pardon the yellow solution. Yes, I tripped fell again on Monday during my daily jog. *sob* Scrapped quite a big patch on the knee. But I somehow had 6th sense that I was about to fall, and I "braked" quite a lot, so luckily no deep cuts.

The current flattened and highly faded keloid in this picture is a result of 4 times daily application of this cream. Pretty amazing cream, with a SHORT list of hardly seen ingredients. It works wonders in about 3-4 months, but the effect has already plateaued off on my scars. $3++ only. ^^

5 years' old strech marks from past obesity.

I am lucky I do not have more than this. I have a couple of friends who complain of stretched marks at much more areas than me even though they were never as heavy as I once were. Wonder what will happen after pregnancy. =(((

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar