Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A'Pieu Creamy Cheek Chok Blush

You Get What You Give by New Radicals
Alright, you might be tired of all these A'pieu posts but, look on the bright side - this will be the last for now. 
CR02 blush - CR02 Blush on Model - CR04 Blush on Model

A'Pieu Creamy Chok Blush is inexpensive, cute and packed with moisturising ingredients (contains milk & cacao butter)Both blushes are decently pigmented with a creamy texture that's easy to blend and apply with fingers or a brush.

CR02
CR02: Is a light pastel peach on my dark skin. I had hoped that it would be warmer but, I knowingly gambled with this shade and sadly I lost. I had actually wanted CR03 which looks deeper and possibly comparable to the discontinued NYX Tan Cream Blush that I adore(d) but, sadly KollectionK did not stock it and Yesstyle shipping was at the 21-day mark so I opted to stop being so "cautious" and experiment ... It's not a shade I'd use - as a stand-alone blush. I'm not sure the ingredients but, the light orange tone nature could work nicely as a tone corrector. However, since I don't know how safe it is to use in areas other than the cheeks I wouldn't recommend experimenting. Instead, I'd advise to use it as a base under other blushes to make them stand out. For that purpose alone it's actually pretty good though a bit of an unnecessary step with a slight chance to make me slightly ashy in the cheeks. Thus, for darker skin, unless you've made the unfortunate gamble like me - you might want to avoid this.

CR04 (I really tried to show it more - this is not the same picture as before lol)
CR04: Is a medium berry pink with superfine golden shimmers. On lighter skin tones I can see this coming off as deep but on me, it barely scratches the surface to be noticeable. In fact, it does a good job blending into my skin even when I'm trying to make it stand out (CR02 does not have that problem). This is a limited edition shade which is kinda sad since it works alright on dark skin as a light dewy blush but, it is not without its problems. Just like CR02 - CR04 has an almost pastel quality to it yet, thankfully it's not as noticeable. Plus, the superfine golden shimmers make it more wearable and quite pretty in the sunlight.
Picture 1 - Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Trinidad and Apieu Blush. Pic  2 - Nars Trinidad. Pic 3 - side of my face sans makeup. Pic 4 - applied Nars foundation. Pic 5 Nars foundation + blush.
Hopefully, you can see in the picture above that CR04 gives me a subtle but dewy glow. For my base, I used Nars Sheer Glow foundation in Trinidad which I feel is a bit too cool/neutral for me but, in these winter/icy/snowy month it actually works alright. I was actually shade matched with this although New Orleans (more orange toned) would've worked better for me - it was out of stock. 

Summed Up Thoughts: A really nice formula but, the pastel undertone for me and my dark skin is just a no to the no-no. Curiosity wills me to try out at least one more shade but, honestly CR04 is workable and I don't think I can stomach another pastel based orange/red or pink disappointment. Besides I don't need any more blushes (!) Especially since the other blushes I have, are pretty pigmented all on their own.

Would you recommend them? Yep especially, for light skin tones or those with dark/deep skin willing to experiment. This is a nice formula - creamy, nice smelling (gentle white chocolate smell), not too pigmented, gives a glow and its cheap. I'd be a monster to advise peeps against it because the shades don't necessarily work for me and whilst I may be many things, today I am no monster

Price: £2.25 for the regular A'pieu Cheeky Chok Blush (brown cookie packaging) and £3.45 for the Bono Limited Edition Blush (blue packaging). 

Have you tried anything from A'pieu?
What type of blush do you like - cream or powder?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar