Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

November Empties!

OK, I know this post is a bit late, but these are just some notable products that I used up in November, which I enjoyed using.  Note, a few of them lasted me a while - i.e. longer than a month, but finished sometime in November. :-)

Dr Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel (30 uses)
This is one of the few products that work for me.  Since finishing this, I have repurchased and started again after about a month of not using it.  It's nice to give your skin a break, I think - plus this product is quite expensive, so it's also nice (and necessary) to ensure funds are replenished before repurchasing. ;-)  So what do I love about this product?  I notice brightness and evening out of colour in my complexion and it definitely helps fade any dark spots or scarring caused from pimples a lot quicker.  I also notice that if I haven't been using it for a while and I start to feel a pimple coming up, I start to apply this and it prevents and gets rid of the pimple.  So it's great for preventing any break out.  As claimed, it does add firmness to my skin.  I don't know yet about the "anti-ageing" aspect of the product that it claims to do, but I mainly use it for the points I've mentioned above which are my real concerns.  I suppose brightening of the complexion helps you have that youthful look, so I suppose that helps!  It claims to reduce pores, but I haven't noticed this and I'm not convinced any skin care product will ever really fix this issue!  The product contains salicylic acid, which is something that I know works for me personally.  I have used salicylic acid for many years and my skin tends to like it very much.  I have tried others that primarily contain glycolic acid in particular, but so far, every time I have used this, it has broken me out. :-(  Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel does also contain glycolic acid, lactic acid and lots of other types of acids, but no where on the packaging does state what percentage of each.  My only guess is that perhaps it has less percentage of glycolic acid than other glycolic acid-based skin care I've tried, or the presence of other acids help prevent any breakouts.  There is also a chance that other ingredients have caused my skin to break out.  I don't know!  I have also tried retinoic acid and this does not seem to do anything for me in terms of a noticeable positive change, but at least I haven't experienced a break out.  The only two things I don't like about it is that 1) it's expensive, and 2) it does take time to apply the 2-step process (there's a peel pad for each step and you have to rub it in circular motions around your face avoiding the sensitive eye area until the pad is dry, and in between you have to wait a couple of minutes for the skin to settle.  It takes a good few minutes for each pad to dry!), which is frustrating because I like to do this at night time, and often I go to bed very late, and I'm just too tired!

Malin + Goetz Moisturizing Shampoo & Intensive Hair Mask
Love this.  I particularly noticed a difference from first use that my hair was a lot thicker and full of body like I'd never seen before.  It does have a bit of an unusual smell for shampoo as it contains cilantro, so perhaps try it out first to see if you mind the scent or not.  Took a bit of getting used to being in your hair, but really, I don't mind it.  ;-)  (I definitely do love eating the herb - it's one of my favourites!)  I just wish (like with all shampoo and conditioner pairs) that there was a lot more of the conditioner per bottle given that I always seem to run out of conditioner before I run out of the shampoo!  (Even though I usually shampoo twice before conditioning).  Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? ;-)

Innoxa Hydrating Body Wash
I was given this product from the Australian Beauty Bloggers' Weekend (ABBW), and I absolutely loved using it.  It smells wonderful, fresh and clean.  I also love the colour of the plastic bottle - very aquatic.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it anywhere!  I'm still looking.  If anyone knows, please let me know in the comments below!  ^_^

Crabtree & Evelyn Nantucket Briar Scented Body Powder
Another product I love and want to repurchase.  It probably is a bit old fashioned, but I love to powder my body after showering, and I guess I prefer this to scented body moisturisers.  I don't particularly suffer from dry skin on my body to need moisturising, and I just like being and smelling clean and dry rather than feeling a bit a bit damp from the moisturiser - just feels a bit uncomfortable especially when you then have to get into clean clothes.  The clothes don't feel as nice on your skin.  Anyway, I love the floral scent of this particular body powder from Crabtree & Evelyn.  I light dusting of this gorgeous body powder helps my skin to stay refreshed throughout the day.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex
This is my favourite serum, which I have repurchased again and again.  I just love it for my face and neck.  It absorbs well into the skin leaving it feeling extremely hydrated and dare I say it...plump.  I apply a few drops both in the morning after cleansing and at night.  You can apply your favourite moisturiser afterwards, but I don't find I need to.  I have combination skin just for your information.  I prefer this to Chanel's Hydramax + Active Serum as it's more hydrating for my skin.  Also, it does not have the strong perfumed scent that the Chanel has (not that I mind it, but I don't think it's necessary for skin care products).

Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in the colour: RD103
This is the first blush I have ever used up entirely!  However, it was only a sample size compact of 0.25 g / 0.008 oz.  Very cute little compact!  I got this as part of a gift when I purchased the Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush some months ago, and absolutely enjoyed using this everyday during November for about two weeks before it was all used up!  Loved the peachy colour and the finish.  It blended so beautifully.  I would love to purchase the full size of this, but I do have plenty of blushes at the moment - including new ones!  Definitely something to consider in future.

Lancome Hypnose Mascara
This mascara is perfect for giving a natural definition to your eye lashes.  It does not clump at all.  I have repurchased this, but in the water-proof formulation (which I haven't tried before).  I prefer water-proof / 'tubing' formulations particularly because they are generally much easier to remove without smearing everywhere and giving you the 'panda' eye effect just by using a bit of warm water.  Hopefully, the water-proof version will be just as good if not better (so far, I've read it's pretty good)...will see!

Kevyn Aucoin The Mascara - Curling Lash Color
I have repurchased this a few times.  I have tried both the 'Curling Lash Color' mascara and the 'Volume Lash Color' in black.  To be honest, I haven't really noticed any difference between the two when I've applied them to my lashes.  I don't think the Curling one curls my lashes any more than the Lancome Hypnose Mascara or the Becca Ultimate Mascara.  So in that respect, it's a little disappointing.  One thing I didn't like was when it applied extremely wet, so wet that it transfered to my lids and underneath my eyes if I blinked, etc, but it definitely does dry after a few minutes.  Just gotta be careful on application - not to blink!  (Especially, during the first few uses of the mascara when it has not yet been exposed to air too often to dry up a little)  I know, hehe...can be tough not to blink for more than a few seconds let alone a few minutes!  Once it dries, I think it's pretty much on par with the Becca Ultimate Mascara, which I have mentioned in a couple of other posts (here and here) that I love.  However, the Kevyn Aucoin mascara does fall short on the curling aspect that it specifically claims to do for me personally in comparison to other mascaras I've tried especially since I have dead straight lashes and always have to curl them with an eye lash curler anyway.  The volumising mascara version is not bad, but nothing to rave about, but I have yet to compare it with other mascaras that claim specifically to add volume.  However, what I love most about both the Kevyn Aucoin mascaras is that they use the 'tubing' technology similar to the Becca Ultimate Mascara, so it will not budge, flake, melt or transfer at all.  If you rub it with your hands/fingers, it will not leave you with 'panda' eyes.  If anything, tiny little balls of mascara product will rub off - which is what happens quite easily when done with a bit of warm water in order to remove it. Very easy removal - no mess, no fuss.  I also love the packaging.  It's a long and sleek metallic ruby red packaging.  I really love the wand, which somehow feels longer and elegant than most that makes it a real pleasure to apply.

Kevyn Aucoin Precision Brow Pencil
The best brow pencil I have ever used.  Perfect shade.  Fool-proof, natural brow results.  I have repurchased this time and time again, and will continue to do so unless something else outperforms it.  I have praised this product several times in my previous posts!  It's a real staple I can't do without.

Two more items I forgot to include in the photo, but worth mentioning are:

Neutrogena Deep Cleansing Cream
This has been my go-to, staple face cleanser for many, many years (don't want to give away my age now! ;-) ) - let's just say, since I was in my late teens when I first discovered it - it was recommended by my best friend.  All I can say is that, I wish I had discovered it sooner when I had quite a few pimples on my forehead!  I used this every morning in the shower on my face avoiding the delicate eye areas and leaving it for a few minutes before rinsing.  This product contains the aforementioned salicylic acid, which so far I've experienced to consistently be the best for my skin.  Since using this product by itself, I haven't had any real issues with my skin or any major breakouts - it's generally been in fairly good condition all these years (thank goodness!).  It's oil-free, but it does not dry out my skin.  It also does not clog my pores.  It just leaves my skin feeling deeply cleansed (as the name claims).  I also love using this in the morning because it has a sort of minty freshness (reminds me of toothpaste! LOL) feel to the skin and a cooling sensation that helps to 'wake' me up and perks my skin up a bit.  Very refreshing.  LOVE this.  It's cheap and is available in supermarkets and chemists ('drug stores').  It works for me.  It must work for many others too, because it's been around for years and haven't discontinued it or reformulated it to my knowledge.  Brilliant.  I know use it in conjunction with my Clarisonic.   I know this means it's a combination of chemical exfoliation and manual exfoliation I'm using, which I was a bit concerned about at first, but I haven't noticed any adverse effect at all.  I have been doing this for some months now.  I can't imagine ever being without this product, I won't even dare think about it!

Bioderma Crealine H20 Cleanser This is my favourite cleanser.  I have reviewed this product in this post along with a comparison to other cleansers I've used.  I only just finished the entire 500 ml / 16.9 fl.oz. So it lasted me about 8 months and I used it everyday! It's inexpensive at about AU$21 for this huge sized bottle. It's effective and extremely gentle on the skin. Absolutely brilliant. I've now started my second bottle and I'm pretty sure I'll be repurchasing this over and over again.

Hope this was useful.  Thanks for reading! x


What were some of your products you enjoyed and used up recently?






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar