Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Wet N Wild Vanity Color Icon Eyeshadow

I am no longer a Wet N Wild eyeshadow virgin, I finally went out and got two of the Color Icon eyeshadow palettes the other day. I know everyone loves these, but I am true to my MAC shadows and do not get as excited about eyeshadow as I do foundation. Plus these are like $7 in Canada, I know that's still cheap but you know, it adds up. In the US these are on sale all the time, but not here. And we never did get the limited edition holiday ones that everyone was raving about, I wish we did (edit: apparently we did get them, I just didn't bother looking.. oops!). Anyone want to send them to me? ;P

"Vanity" was the Wet N Wild palette that interested me most because it's neutral and very wearable. As all Color Icon palettes I believe, it has 3 mattes on the left, 3 shimmers on the right. Which is great because it pleases everyone, not everyone likes all shimmer shadows and mattes are more appropriate sometimes. I think this palette is quite versatile and you can get lots of looks here by combining shades from each side. They are VERY pigmented, although a tad powdery.

Here are swatches of the entire palette, from the matte row: 1) off white 2) warm light brown 3) reddish brown and from the shimmer row 4) champagne 5) gold 6) bronze brown. This is quite a warm-toned palette. I don't think the colour selections could of been any better, you have everything you need here. Actually the shadow that is my favourite in the bunch is that matte light brown, it's very practical.

Even though I love my MAC neutral shadows, I didn't have many dupes from this palette, I know there are dupes, I just don't own them myself. Below is a list of dupes that I or others have found, if you considering getting the MAC equivalents I would suggest picking up this palette instead to save yourself some money cause the pigmentation is good if not better.

1) MAC Bisque/Brule
2) MAC Cork (pictured)/Texture
3) MAC Embark
4) MAC Nylon
5) MAC Gorgeous Gold/Goldmine
6) MAC Mulch (pictured)

And here is a closer look at that light brown in the Vanity palette and comparable MAC shadows. From left to right: MAC Kid, MAC Wedge, MAC Cork and the Wet N Wild colour (which is lighter than all of these, but just as pigmented). In person Cork looks close to the Vanity colour, but now looking at the photo, Kid looks the closest to it, anyway you girls get the idea.

I love this palette, tomorrow I will be reviewing Lust (purple palette).

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar