Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Sarah Silverman Interview: Ralph Breaks the Internet

https://ift.tt/2TunWMQ

Actor and comedian Sarah Silverman is known for her edgy stand-up comedy. But in Ralph Breaks the Internet, the sequel to Disney's Wreck-It Ralph, she plays the race car driving princess Vanellope Von Schweetz.  In the movie, Ralph and Vanellope need to keep Vanellope's game Sugar Rush from being scrapped.  The two travel into the Internet to find a rare replacement part that can fix her game.

Sarah Silverman: I just figured in these interviews why my shoes get-- because these are brand new. Because I have other ones that are filthy and they're already getting dirty and it's because I'm stepping on them constantly.

Screen Rant: I do that when I drive. It's probably not good for my back.

Sarah Silverman: It's not good for your back. You have to remember when you bend your left knee to keep it, to put it on that street part. Because we go like this with it and then I did not so my back, someone told me about that.

Screen Rant: That's good advice actually.

Sarah Silverman: This did not count as his time. I'm sorry.

Screen Rant: No, it's all good.  First and foremost, I have to ask you, you are brilliant in this film and you have one of the quickest comedic minds in the world. So how much free reign did you have to kind of play with the script?

Sarah Silverman: They gave us so much freedom. We did improvise a lot. But the script was also brilliant and right on.  It was very rare that I was like, "Would she say this?" You know what I mean? We're so lucky. I mean John C. and I always record together and with Phil and Rich and Pam right there. We really gel.  It's just a real collaboration. But they're part of it is gigantic.

Screen Rant: Being in the booth together, how does that help your performance? Because, now you can do this almost from home if you really wanted to, but how does that help your performance?

Sarah Silverman: It's like immeasurable, I mean it bares so much fruit. Just like in, not just improvising, but just expression, react-- acting is reacting to the other person you're with and the dialogue. And so, to have John there, we are trying to make each other laugh. We're trying to make each other feel, we're trying to make each other cry.  It's like Vanellope and Ralph have this such a special friendship. And Sarah and John have like a really special friendship. Like we just love each other and it's-- I just think it comes through. It does.

Screen Rant: When you are doing a film like this, there's obviously going to be a lot of messages and I love the messages that this film brings. Especially with Ralph, addressing his insecurities. And also, Vanellope kind of finding her own place. What are you hoping audiences take away from Ralph Breaks the Internet?

Sarah Silverman: Stuff like insecurity can be your biggest enemy. I mean the fact that there's no bad guy in this, the bad guy really is that, his insecurity. And yet, in being insecure, the feeling of insecurity is what we all have in common.  I think if kids can know that when they feel insecure, part of that feeling is feeling like you're the only one in the world feeling it. And the one thing you can know for sure, I can tell you 100 percent is true, is that that is what makes you human. It's what you have in common with every person on this planet.  Just knowing that doesn't make it go away forever. But you can navigate it. And it is about just navigating our feelings. This isn't a kid thing, this is kids plus time us too. We're constantly having to navigate our own feelings. Our ego, or insecurity, our misplaced anger or pain.

Screen Rant: I related to this film just as anybody would.

Sarah Silverman: A hundred percent.

Screen Rant: It's amazing to me. But you also got to work with the legendary Alan Menken. First of all, when you did that, did you ever think that that Vanellope was ever going to spawn off and get her own princess song? Because I'm so happy she did and it's amazing.

Sarah Silverman: Never occurred to me. Never crossed my mind. I guess I'm just not-- I never dream. I don't like to think about the future, ever. I'm just, I'm always here. So yeah, I couldn't believe it. I mean Alan Menken, he's written so many iconic Disney songs.  But he's-- I mean, if I knew when I was in Boston watching Little Shop of Horrors the first time, which he wrote, I would have died if I-- I just blew, my brain exploded, because I'm a super fan.  And also, getting to record it with a giant orchestra. It was like something out of a movie, it was really far out. But also, just meeting him.  Every once in a while, you meet someone and you're like, "Oh, I know you." Like, it just felt like that right away. And so, it was like me and Joe. So, yeah, it was a great experience.

Screen Rant: This is a great film and great job and you have a great voice, so that's awesome. You did a great job. Thank you so much.

Sarah Silverman: Thank you. Four greats!

Screen Rant: Yeah, you're damn near perfect. Thank so much.

Sarah Silverman: Thanks.

More: John C. Reilly Interview for Ralph Breaks the Internet



from ScreenRant - Feed https://ift.tt/2DLDOpC
via IFTTT

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar