Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

If I'm in my flannel lazy pants and playing Madden '06 then Christmas must be over.

No work today. Sitting around playing Madden '06. Why can't Christmas Eve be all year, that was fun. Home is very warm and cozy, I suppose that's home's job. Shit I gotta get to work, Justin's coming over tonight and we're going to get "Alderman" up to speed. It's a mess with deadline-less writer neglect.

So, Christmas, What did I get?

Tony Hawk: American Wasteland - In the long list of parrallells between my sister and I, we both got TH:AW from two different Mom's and were both exactly as far as each other in the game when we talked on Christmas day. I got her MST3K: Mitchell! for Christmas as well as Army of Darkness, which she did not have.

Madden '06 - Many reading this have been obsessed with football games in the past right? Madden '95 comes to mind. My favorite part of playing football video games is how they're so hard to play at first that you really get your ass handed to you and then there's that moment where you realize you should switch it from Easy to Medium. You know what that moment is, don't you? It's when you run the ball for a touchdown off the kickoff then then get a turnover on the other teams very next play and run it in for a touchdown too.

Percolator Coffee Pot - Interested in having the best cup of coffee you've ever had? Buy a percoaltor. I don't get why these went away? Stephe Schmidt owns one and made many cups of coffee during the last writing retreat and I was hooked. A) As it makes coffee it continually drips the coffee through that grounds as opposed to just water, how great an idea is that? Where did that good idea go? B) English pour spout, how silly was it that this went away, or do you like most of the coffee running down the side of your coffee pot onto the counter. C) Reuseable metal filter - didn't it take drip coffeemakers 20 years to "come up" with this idea? I just don't get it.

Electric Blanket - so you're welcome for the current warm trend.

T-Shirt Material Bedsheets - Don't have them, run, don't walk.

Elektra - The Director's Cut: Yes, now you know how deep the rabbit hole goes for my mania over superheroes. I specifically asked for Elektra - The Director's Cut. I only asked for two things, Coffee Pot, and Elektra - The Directors cut.

Episode III - Yah-hah!

How To Make Love*/*The Bruce Campbell Way - SIGNED! - My sister, who you may remember is close personal pals with Bruce Campbell
My Sister & Bruce Campbell
was thoughtful enough to grab a copy of his new book for me when he blew through Dayton last summer on a publicity tour. Damn, what a great book. Imagine a version of The Kid Stays In The Picture written by a smartass B Actor, an insider tour of Hollywood with the best tourguide possible.

It was kind of a Steve Martin Christmas, but I think that's because Mom talked to my roommate about what she should get me. So I got The Man With Two Brains, L.A. Story, and Plane's Trains and Automobiles. All great movies, it's just funny that Santa's tipoff as to what to get me was an obvious Steve martin nut .

Girl: Sounds like a subdural hematoma to me.
Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Oh, it does, does it? Well, it's not your job to diagnose.
Girl: But I thought...
Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: You thought, you thought! Just go. Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all. Well, you're still wet behind the ears. It's not a subdural hematoma. It's *epidural*. Ha.

Dolores: What are those assholes doing on the porch?
Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Those aren't assholes. It's pronounced *azaleas*.

Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Ladies and gentlemen, I can envision a day when the brains of brilliant men can be kept alive in the bodies of dumb people.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar